Major Research Areas
Our research is aligned with Ohio State's Discovery Themes: 1) Food Production and Security, 2) Energy and Environment, and 3) Health and Wellness.
A strength of our department is a strong gradient of basic and applied research:
- Plant-microbe interactions
- Genomics, molecular genetics and biochemistry of disease resistance and pathogenicity
- Genetics/breeding for resistance
- Biocontrols, biopesticides and biobased products
- Integrated disease management
- Quantitative epidemiology, disease modeling & risk prediction.
We cover the major crops and commodities in Ohio and the major pathogen groups.
Perspectives From Plant Pathologists
Larry Madden and Randy Rowe offer their career perspectives for the American Phytopathological Society.
Randy Rowe > APS webcast
Larry Madden > APS webcast