I lead an engaging and interdisciplinary teaching and outreach program in plant pathology. My responsibilities include teaching and academic programs (Graduate and Undergraduate), including graduate admissions, graduate and undergraduate recruiting, academic data reporting; summer internship coordinator; internal and external communications; education outreach; website content. I am a Second Year Transformational Experience (STEP) mentor. I'm the grad program coordinator for Plant Pathology and Plant Health Management. My areas of interest include science, agriculture, education, outreach and communications.
Teaching and Outreach
- Department of Plant Pathology - Assistant Professor, Clinical Professional Practice (2016 - present)
- Department of Plant Pathology - Academic Program Coordinator (2007 - 2016)
- Ohio Bioproducts Innovation Center - Grant writing, data reporting and communications (2006-2007)
- University of Florida, IFAS Citrus Research and Education Center, Lake Alfred, Florida - Public relations and communications coordinator (1998-2005)
- Plant Space Biology, Kennedy Space Center - National Research Council Associate (1994-1997) and Dynamac Corp scientist (1998)
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Service to Students award, CFAES - 2017
- Star Supporter to Students, CFAES Student Council - 2016
American Phytopathological Society Involvement
Annual meeting posters
Master in Plant Health Management: Training and education to meet 21st Century Trends and challenges in Extension and industry. Monica M. Lewandowski, Anne E. Dorrance, Luis A. Canas, Brian Kleinke, Elizabeth Roche, John Schoenhals, Sarah D. Williams, Francesca Peduto Hand, James Jasinski, Mary Gardiner, Pierce A. Paul and Andrew J. Londo. American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting, July 30 - August 3, 2015, Tampa, FL.
Student recruitment in plant pathology: filling the gaps to connect to prospective students. Monica M. Lewandowski, S. D. Williams, T. K. Mitchell, A. E. Dorrance, T. L. Niblack, D. N. (Alvis) Tate, Rachel D. Capouya, K. S. McGlone, B. K. Mowery, B. D. Weaver. Poster, American Phytopathological Society Annual Meeting, Aug. 9-14, 2014, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Office of Public Relations and Outreach, board member
- Committee for Diversity and Equality, member
- Teaching Committee, member