Contemporary, cultural, and social issues related to pesticide use, genetic engineering and sustainable plant management. Au, Sp Sems. Prereq: Jr or Sr standing. Not open to students with credit for 597. GE cross-disciplinary seminar course.
This course is an ONLINE course and offered online Autumn, Spring and Summer
Public reaction and science communication abotu controversial issues (aka how to make sense of the headlines you see on the internet!)
- Invasive species - impacts, management, what to do, public response
- Genetic engineering (crop focus) - the science, public viewpoints
- Gene editing and other current topics
- Pesticides - historical and current perspectives
- Agriculture and the environment, food security, international perspectives